Sunday, April 17, 2011

#66

Okay the first part of this I've already posted somewhere. This is my paragraph for Composition where we're working on Voice, bringing in a song that explains us, and writing a paragraph about it:


I love "I Dare You To Move". It makes somewhere between the pit of my stomach and my chest around my heart tingle...it reminds me of when I was depressed. This is definitely something I would have wanted to listen to then. Because it's such a MOVING song. Daring me to move. Daring me to get my butt of the floor in my secluded little world inside my head and maybe dance in the rain. This is a dance in the rain kind of song. Twirl in your best dress like Taylor Swift and just not have a care in the world. Where there is salvation. It makes me want to dare my class, class of 2015 here at school, to move. I know I've said it before, but I really feel like my classmates dared me to move while I was depressed, subconsciously, as they went on with their lives around me, thus pulling me out of my hole with the tide of life. My wish is for them to be dared to move. I know we're not a perfect grade and that people can be really mean. But as a whole, I really do love my classmates. So this song really reaches to me in a way that not many songs do. It's just the push of the rhythm and the motion of the words and the tone of the voice. It makes me dare to move and dare others to move because sometimes moving is just really, really hard. I can't find words enough to explain all my feelings in one paragraph, and I've already stretched my limit on this...but I really want to dare my class, everyone to move. I'm a writer, I'm a singer, I'm a sharer, I'm a lover, I'm a mover. And I want you, if you feel down and out to move too (not just physically, I'm mostly talking about mentally and in your relationships and stuff), because it'll probably make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment