Friday, March 19, 2010

#16

And you might think to ask...

"Where is your heart now?"

"You said it was gone."

"Where is it now?"

...

I don't know.

I don't know where my heart is.

But even though my heart was gone,

my love was all around...


that picture...in my head...wait...

I said:

my love was all around...

and I was walking down the sidewalk past the trees...past the clocktower...by myself...sun shining...but no one around...towards the central building...and my love was all around.

I think...my heart is not in me.

My love has replaced my heart.

He must have taken my heart.

But it's not his responsibility to put it back...

And it's not like he totally left me...

Who says you need a heart inside you to love?

I know it doesn't make much sense.

And goes against everything...ever said about a heart's love.

But maybe I'm just abnormal.

But maybe I'm just different.

But maybe I'm just myself.

My love has replaced my heart.

And my heart is all around me.

It's outside in the nature-filled air...it's somewhere without icy cold stares.

 It may be in the cold.

I wouldn't know.

But my heart is somewhere out there..

I don't know where it is.

Don't ask me.

Well, you can.

But expect a well-thought-out answer.

A teaser.

A thinker.

Not a slap-happy, quick word.

But something to lay your life on.

I don't know where my heart is ... ... ... But I can always give you my love.

3/19/10

No comments:

Post a Comment