Wednesday, August 4, 2010

#44

My life wasn't broken, okay, fine, why not?
That's pretty true I guess.


But the thing is...I wasn't over him. I wasn't over it. I sure thought I was. But I wasn't. 

A while ago...a few weeks back...I had a dream...and I woke up and I said...that's it. this is it. it's done and i'm over him. i'm over you. i'm over it.
~~~......~~~~~......~~~~~.........~~~~~~>
We were all sitting in a giant theater, kind of like the Pinnacle...only a lot bigger. Big enough for all the people I've seen in my life. Or maybe just half. All the people who I've seen their face. But mostly people that I actually know. Know their name...or knew once upon a time. The movie was over and we were all getting up and HE was in front of me. I immediately turned around. I didn't want to see him. I started walking up the stairs...to get out of the theater. He had been right in front of me. Now...unfortunately, he was right behind me. I hadn't seen him that whole time until we got up. 

I had my hair in two braids. I felt a tug on my left braid. I whirled around. I jammed my forefinger into his chest and looked into his eyes. They were dark because it was dark in the theater. But they didn't affect me anyway. 
    "Don't touch me! Don't touch me ever again! Never touch me. Again. --------, I loved you once. But I. Don't. Love. You. Any. More. So don't ever touch me again. Don't touch me ever again. Don't touch me. Don't touch me ever again."

I walked right past him to two people who helped me through some of the tough times "after" and they were both smiling. One shook my hand. 
   "We're proud of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment