Saturday, May 1, 2010

#28

here's a letter that I've written to a very special person in my life. This person hasn't received the letter yet...but someday soon--hopefully--she will. she knows a lot more about me than a lot of my friends do. and she's not who you would expect.

(actually it's just part of the letter...that thing is über long..this is a fraction of what i owe)

(but i'm taking names out)

2. Remember a long, long time ago when I gave you my Barrier Island poem book? Remember how you said there was a lot of symbolism about me sitting between my two closest guyfriends at the time? I remember. And there was. And there is. And one of the many things I've learned from this is: 

You can't make a move without deciding where to go. You can't come to a fork in the road and not make a decision. And sometimes you don't know you're at a fork in the road. You can't keep moving forward without deciding where you're going to put your foot next. And you don't get up without deciding which hand to hold on to

   I took the path I took. It was neither right nor wrong. Both sound good in the sentence, but they don't fit. And I learned another thing:

   Sometimes, whichever path you take at a fork in the road--whether you go right, left, or just walk back--it all ends up leading to the same place.

    

                           Story of my life...
                                              Plus more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment